Effective Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Dear valued customer,
These are unprecedented times and the situation with COVID-19 is rapidly evolving, with new updates every day. We are closely monitoring the status in Alberta as well as the rest of Canada. The health and safety of our customers, associates and communities remains our top priority. We have implemented new protocols based on the latest information and guidance set by the Government of Canada and World Health Organization (WHO).
As Government of Alberta has implemented stage 1 and 2 of lifting restrictions to protect the people of Alberta. James Electric has also implemented a stage 1 and 2 of lifting restrictions to conducting business at James Electric. A process was put in place and a checklist developed prior to opening our doors to the public at all Wolseley branches. When all requirements on the checklist were met, we were able to open our doors to the public.
On June 8, 2020, stage 1 was implemented opening our showroom and front counter sales to the public:
- Plexiglas enclosures have been installed at the front counter to protect both the salesperson and customer from transmission of the COVID-19 virus
- Aisle-ways are clearly marked to indicate routes of travel
- Access to parts of the building other than the showroom are restricted and cordoned off
- Washrooms remain closed to the public
- A hand sanitizer station is located inside the entrance and using it upon entry is mandatory
- The showroom is limited to 6 customers, at one time, which can accommodate 3 customers being helped by a salesperson and 3 customers in line for the next available salesperson
- The credit/debit machine is available to the customer to use to pay for goods and is sanitized after each use
- Salespeople will maintain no contact service with the customer
- For items that require mechanical means of loading, they will be brought outside by forklift using physical distancing strategies
On June 11, 2020, Stage 2 was implemented which opened the service intake area using the ramp door on the West side of the building for entry by customers requiring repair work:
- The door that accesses the Service Writer’s office remains closed to the public
- Access to the Service Writer’s office is restricted to employees only
- Inside and to the South of the ramp door is a bench where self-service intake forms and product tags are located. After you have filled out the form and tagged your product, place the product for repair on the shelves directly behind the service intake bench
- The service intake form will be handed to the Service Writer through the window on the southwest corner of the office
- If the product is too large to handle manually, assistance unloading and loading will be provided using physical distancing strategies
- Service personnel will maintain no contact service with the customer
- Payment and/or supplying a packing slip will take place through the window on the Southwest corner of the Service Writer’s office.
- The credit/debit machine is available to the customer to use to pay for repairs and is sanitized after each use
Our goal is to ensure the safety of our associates and customers, and we must all work together in these times.
James Electric will not be accepting cash payments of any kind at this time. Please note the payment options available:
- EFT/Wire payments
- Cheque payments via Canada Post
- Credit/debit card payment
- James Electric will again be accepting returns. Returning product must be pre-arranged with Bonnie Silver. Only goods that have been pre-arranged will be accepted for credit considerations. You can contact her by phone at 403-252-5477 or by email at [email protected]
- Deliveries will be processed as usual. Driver access to the building is limited to a 6-foot path from the overhead shipping door
- Driver access to the washrooms remains closed
- Physical distancing strategies are in place to include loading/unloading of carrier trailers and signing of bills of lading (most transport carriers have temporarily halted a requirement for a signature)
While the current environment is fast-moving and uncharted, we appreciate your support as we navigate COVID-19 together. We continue to be confident in our swift decisions to safeguard our communities and to serve each of you. We encourage you to check the James Electric website for updates as the situation evolves.
As this dynamic situation evolves, so will James Electric. We are dedicated to ensuring that our approach is appropriate and proactive. Above all, we continue to place the safety of our customers and associates as our highest priority while recognizing the important role that our team fulfills in our communities.
For any questions, please contact us at [email protected]