Fan Unit Preventative Maintenance Inspection
James Electric Motor Services Ltd. fan unit preventative maintenance inspections provide you with crucial information on the operation and condition of your equipment.
A qualified James Electric Service Technician will perform a complete inspection on your fan unit (fan/blower and motor) which includes the following:
- Inspect the electrical terminations in the motor starter/speed controller and motor junction box. Tighten as required.
- Inspect and verify correct operation of motor starter/speed controller
- Verify operating voltage and current
- Perform audible check of motor bearings for signs of abnormal noise that might indicate wear
- Check pulleys for wear
- Check fan belt(s) for wear
- Check fan shaft and bearings for wear
- Perform visual inspection of fan unit for excessive vibration
- Perform visual inspection of fan unit vibration isolation for excessive wear
In addition to the aforementioned preventative maintenance inspection service, James Electric also offers instantaneous and trending vibration analysis of motor and fan bearings. Instantaneous analysis will indicate bearings that are in an imminent failure state whereas trending analysis will indicate wear over time. The vibration analysis service can be offered both separately and independently of the fan preventative maintenance service. If you are interested in learning more about the vibration analysis option, please discuss it with your salesperson.
Upon completion of the inspection, we will provide:
- A written report of our findings and any recommendations
- A written quotation for any recommended repairs that were not immediately authorized and completed during the inspection.
Call for pricing
Pricing is subject to change based on work required
Please Note: If we determine that the fan or motor is no longer operational, we can complete the required repairs immediately at the customers discretion. We advise this be done to maintain safety standards.