Effective March 17, 2020 4:00pm
Dear valued customer,
We are closely monitoring the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. We are writing to provide you with an update on the state of our operations and our supply chain, as well as how we are addressing safety for our customers and associates.
At this time, James Electric is open. We continue to have a strong inventory and supply chain. We are continuing to monitor the situation daily and are working closely with our vendors so that we can mitigate any potential disruptions. We will communicate any changes or closures through the James Electric website.
For the safety of our associates across the company all business travel has been cancelled, and associates are required to self-isolate for 14 days if they meet any of the government-issued criteria. All back-office associates are now required to work from home and outside sales representatives will be reaching out by phone or email instead of in-person visits.
We are working closely with each of our associates to ensure they understand the symptoms and preventive measures of COVID-19, as communicated by the World Health Organization and Government of Alberta. The following measures are being taken to ensure a safe environment at James Electric and by our field service technicians:
- Cleaning and frequently disinfecting regularly touched objects and surfaces at James Electric and on work sites.
- Temporarily removing all forms of drinking and food stations.
- Maintaining social distancing (6 feet) at James Electric and on work sites.
- Frequent hand-washing and/or using hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- All associates practice respiratory hygiene by covering their mouth and nose with a bent elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing, and promptly dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- All associates will wear all essential personal protective equipment, including disposable protective gloves to prevent contact with any potentially contaminated surfaces. Disposable gloves will be changed as often as necessary.
While we will continue to serve you at our branches, we strongly encourage you to take advantage of our convenient alternatives to limit foot traffic, reduce wait times at the counter and help us serve safely:
- Call ahead and we’d be happy to take your order over the phone.
- Avoid visiting the counter during busy time periods.
- Practice social distancing with our associates and others around you and avoid all physical contact with other customers and staff.
- Follow all preventative health protocols as outlined by the Government of Canada and World Health Organization (WHO).
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for the virus or if you have recently travelled abroad, we ask that you please refrain from visiting James Electric and place orders via phone at (403) 252-5477.
While the current environment is a fast-moving situation, we continue to be confident in our plans to safeguard our communities and to serve each of you.
For any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Thank you for your continued support of our business.