Field Service Technician
James Electric Motor Services Ltd. is an industry leader in providing replacements, repairs, installation, maintenance and retrofits for pumps, motors, fans and blowers.
For 40 years, James Electric has been a customer driven organization that strives to provide excellent customer service, quality parts, service and repairs from our Calgary based facility.
Our employees enjoy stable employment, promote from within, above average compensation, RRSP/DPSP plan, and group benefits. We are currently looking for a Field Service Technician – Pump and Motors to join our team. Types of serviced equipment can include electric pumps, motors, fans and blowers as well as VFD’s and PLC’s.
- Investigate issues, on-site repair, removal and installation of customer equipment;
- Shaft alignment;
- Field balancing;
- Connection and disconnection of electrical on customer equipment;
- Diagnostic testing of motor controls;
- Mechanical seal and bearing replacement;
- Confined space entry;
- Millwright, EMST or other relevant journeyman certificate. 3rd or 4th year Apprentice will be considered if experience is relevant;
- Acceptable driver’s abstract;
- Computer literate in both desktop and mobile applications (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Ability to communicate clearly with the Service Technicians, Salespeople and Customers;
- Fall protection;
- VFD and PLC
If you meet the above qualifications we encourage you to apply by using the form below or by emailing your resume to [email protected]. Successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment screening consisting of a drug/alcohol/functionally fit for duty screening.
Job Type: Full-time